"The heart is the residence of the Supreme. It is the Unmoved and Prime Mover, while all other individual consciousness moves, as it were, mounted on the mechanism of the heart." Bhagavad Gita xvii:61
The journey through classical yoga is a daily practice, one that we begin again each day from where we last left off. My mission is to gently be your guide, with modifications if necessary, through the classical Hatha practice as taught to me by my teacher Sri Dharma Mittra. Allow this yoga practice to inspire you and over time it will physically strengthen your body and help ease the fluctuations of the mind. Dharma Yoga is a system that allows for the student to challenge or gently stretch the body with traditional classical Hatha postures. Dharma yoga rhythmically connects the body and mind through ancient breathing techniques, vinyasa (movement with breath,) and includes a Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations,) and it is said that with a steady practice it may lead one to Self-realization.
My goal is to equip each student with the tools necessary for a safe and meaningful practice. Modifications are necessary, as all physical bodies are different. Having taught almost 2000 hours and countless hours practiced, I know for a fact that we must arrive into the postures in our own time... there is "no rushing" the process. My mantra from the beginning has always been, "Inch by inch, life's a cinch. Yard by yard it's hard."
"See yourself in the practice you are not able to access right now. Imagine yourself in it." Sri Dharma Mittra
My HATHA Yoga experience.
- 500 RYT (over 500 hours trained)
- 500 E-RYT (experienced registered yoga teacher)
- OVER 2000 CONTACT HOURS
- Dharma Yoga® Certified
- Breast Cancer Yoga® Certified
- Prenatal Yoga Certified
- WPA® Certified Class I (Stand Up Paddle Instructor)
- Yoga for Kids Camp Instructor (Namaste Everyday!) Age 3/4 up.
- Yoga for Injury Prevention
- Yoga Instructor for Team Sports:
Chaminade Boys Varsity Soccer 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Corporate Yoga with Northwell Health Since 2014.
- CPR/AED Certified (yearly)
... life's a cinch.
Charlotte Crowley | Registered Instructor
Yoga and SUP
I offer instruction in a variety of ways:
- Private one on one (Yoga or Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons)
- Corporate settings (Employee Wellness Programs)
- Open and revolving classes on location (See Classes Menu for locations)
- High School Sports Teams
- Family Yoga (Prenatal, Mom & Me Yoga, children all ages.)
- Yoga for Breast Cancer Patients Go to www.RockingtheRoadforaCure.org
As soon as the weather is nice, you'll find me paddling on my own, or with my friends of the Moku Loa Tribe.
Feeling Inspired? Contact me to find out how to join a class or schedule a private lesson.